Symptoms of a failing exhaust system
The tell-tale signs of a malfunctioning exhaust system are given below:
- Unusual vibrations: Any leakage in the exhaust can cause your vehicle to vibrate while you’re driving. Usually, these vibrations start with the gas pedal and move onto the floorboards of your car as the leakage worsens.
- Reduced acceleration: A faltering exhaust system has a direct impact on your car’s engine performance. It will not be able to generate optimum power when you step on the gas pedal. Thus, the acceleration will be significantly reduced.
- Poor fuel efficiency: Usually, when power and acceleration of a car decrease, the fuel efficiency dips as well. If an exhaust system doesn’t function properly, the vehicle has to work harder, which leads to significantly higher fuel consumption.
- Noxious smell of harmful gases: If you smell a noxious odour inside the car cabin, it is an indication of a faulty exhaust system. Typically, this happens when there’s a leak in the exhaust pipe.
- Loud engine noise: One of the most common indicators of a defective exhaust system is an excessively loud engine which is often caused by a damaged or worn-out muffler.
How much does exhaust repair cost?
The cost of repairing a car’s exhaust system usually depends on these factors:
- Make of the car
- Extent of damage
Giving an accurate estimate for repair before inspecting a vehicle is sometimes difficult. We do our best though to give you an idea about the costs in order to avoid nasty surprises.
At our facility, we also offer some of the most competitively priced services.
Your search query “exhaust servicing near me” has brought you to the right place.
Hi-Range Ltd, located at A38 Lichfield Road, Wychnor, Staffs. DE13 8BZ, is quickly growing into the most popular exhaust servicing garage Wychnor.
Drive down to our service station for the fastest and most affordable solutions. For any query, feel free to call us on 01283 792302, 07770 040070.